The H-2A Program is a program that allows agricultural employers to bring foreign workers into the United States on a visa that is conditional on the worker's employment for that employer. The H-2A program has specific requirements that an employer must follow, which are meant to protect U.S. workers from being displaced by H-2A visa holders as well as protect the H-2A workers who are brought into the United States under this program. For example, these jobs pay at least $13.54 per hour in Michigan in 2019 and provide certain guarantees. Workers in the U.S. can apply for these jobs and may have claims against an employer that refuses to hire the U.S. workers.
Please note that our office does not assist people in obtaining H2A jobs and we do not deal with companies that try to provide H2A workers to employers. We provide the following information to inform potential workers and farmworker service agencies about potential jobs that are available. To obtain these jobs, please contact the Workforce Development Agency office noted in the job listing if you are in Michigan, or contact Michigan's State Monitor Advocate office at 1-855-633-2373 if you are outside of Michigan.
No nos involucramos en el proceso de obtener visas o en la selección de las personas que pueden obtener una visa. No tenemos conocimiento de quien ayuda a los trabajadores a obtener las visas.
- 2018 Totals through above date: 235 Jobs & 9550 Positions
- 2018 Farm Labor Contractors: 24 FLC's, 46 Jobs, & 3,955 Positions
- 2017 Totals: 153 Jobs & 6,633 Positions
- 2017 Farm Labor Contractors: 23 FLC's, 46 Jobs, & 3,661 Positions
- 2016 Totals: 90 Jobs & 4,073 Positions
- 2016 Farm Labor Contractors: 14 FLC's, 22 Jobs, & 1,984 Positions
- 2015 Totals: 52 Jobs & 2,301 Positions
- 2015 Farm Labor Contractors: 7 FLC's, 10 Jobs, & 964 Positions
- 2014 Total: 36 Jobs & 1,302 Positions
- 2014 Farm Labor Contractors: 3 FLC's, 6 Jobs, & 563 Positions
- 2013 Totals: 19 Jobs, 500 positions
- 2013 Farm Labor Contractors: 1 FLC, 1 Job, 120 Positions
- 2012 Totals: 18 Jobs, 344 Positions
- 2012 Farm Labor Contractors and their orders and positions: 0; 0; 0